Day 8: Because that's what girls do.

Today started off not really knowing where we were headed. Lucky for us Dr. JSM stuck around and surprised us with a road trip to Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is right on the water on the border between Maine and New Hampshire. It was a really nice change of pace to head to a new office in a new city.

When we got to the new office, all the volunteers and staff were SO KIND. It felt amazing to be so appreciated. It was a true family here. Rebecca and I knocked out a packet in seriously the cutest neighborhood I've ever been in. (Note: Portsmouth is pronounced like PORTS-MITH, not PORTS-MOUTH.) Next, we met Dr. JSM in downtown. We got the best oat milk latte and got to warm up in an adorable coffee shop.
Bulls take Portsmouth! 

Selfie in front of something historic and cute! 

Having a cup o' joe at Cup of Joe. 

Go bulls in front of something historic and pretty! 
After our stroll around town, we headed back to knock out ANOTHER packet. Today we were star canvassers. Now it was time to go to another event. This time, we were determined not to leave unti we got our DANG SELFIE!! We manifested and spoke it into existence and alas, the selfie line was happening. We were all a little nervous, but so excited to meet someone we all looked up to. Finally, we got to the front and I genuinely forgot how to speak. She was so kind and genuinely excited to meet each of us. After I met her, I started crying at the notion she might not win. At this point, I was 100% on her team. I really felt a connection to her and I knew she is the best and most qualified candidate for the job. The idea that she might not win because of her sex was really disheartening to me. She always says, "I'm running for president because that's what girls do," and I believe her. Meeting her made everything so real. It really is time for a woman in the White House. 
If you can't tell, we were all FANGIRLING. 

This picture is going to be framed in my office. 

No caption needed. 
You thought that was it??? NO! After this, we crossed the border over to Maine. Since it was past 8pm, everything was closed...but hey, now I can say I've been to Maine. 
Come on... it doesn't get better than this.

Your two favorite lobsta's. 

Comments