Day 7: Congressional QUEENS


TWO DAYS LEFT!

Today started off with us hearing from Dr. JSM's friend, Senator Yarbro, a state senator from Tennessee. He is one of the few Democrats in the TN government and he told us how difficult it can be at times. I loved hearing how he came from working on campaigns in New Hampshire to running for office in Tennessee. 

Senator Yarbro with the bulls. 
Next, we headed off to a Warren campaign rally in Concord, NH. We got to work at this event, which was a fun change of pace. It was great to see how the staff plans these events and everything that goes into making them run smoothly. The USF team was checking people into the event. We were SOOO excited to finally get in one of Warren's famous selfie lines...which again did not happen. BUT we did get an amazing opportunity to meet some of the most INCREDIBLE congresswomen including Deb Halland, Katie Porter, and Ayanna Pressley. My favorite thing of this day was probably watching Jocelyn fangirl over Ayanna Pressley so much. It genuinely made me so happy to see one of my friends get to meet her role model, and like a good mom, I took plenty of pictures.
My two queens.  

One of my favorite moments of this trip.  


After meeting our queens, we headed out to do...you guessed it, CANVASSING! Today was especially icy and snowy. Not gonna lie, I was frozen, but the snow was so beautiful. Rebecca and I definitely spent a few minutes just staring at each little snowflake that fell on us. Even two days out, we talked to so many undecided voters or people that barely knew about all the candidates. A lot of people were shocked that voters were undecided, but I really related to that feeling. This cycle was so over-saturated with candidates. In addition to that, the stakes are so high, especially as a New Hampshire voter. I tried to empathize with the undecided voters and tell them how I made up my mind: by hearing Elizabeth Warren speak. Luckily for them, you can see any candidate in New Hampshire.
Pretty little snowflakes (just like me). 
We capped the night off with a fun dinner with my parents. Since they only live 30 minutes away, Greg and Andie (aka Dad and Mom) offered to take Rebecca, Jocelyn, and me out to Hibachi, which was delicious. Not gonna lie, it was nice to get out of our little political bubbles for the evening. We even chatted with a Trump supporter at dinner and actually had a genuine and insightful conversation. I am so excited to continue this wild ride for the next 2 days. LET'S GO!
My 2 new adopted sisters!!! 


Comments