Day 6: Keepin it 100





THREE DAYS OUT!!
USF Gang with Congressman Chris Pappas

This morning started out with two great speakers, Professor Scala and Congressman Chris Pappas. Scala talked a lot about the state of the race and what his expectations were for each candidate. I loved hearing such an informed, non-biased view on each candidate and how he expected them to fair during the election. After that Congressman Pappas came to speak with us. He was such a genuine and kind person. I felt like immediately I knew him and wanted to chat with him for hours. I really enjoyed hearing his perspective on bipartisanship. Even though we are so divided as a country, we still must do everything to work together.  After this, we headed off for another canvass shift. Today, I headed out with my Pasco baby, Rebecca. Again this was a FREEZING DAY. But Rebecca and I had so much fun together. We also may or may not have taken a tumble or two on the ice. Us Floridians needed to get our butts back to the sun. Nevertheless, we persisted and had a really great day. 

We weren't too happy about the temperature.
For our final excursion of the day, we headed to the 
McIntyre-Shaheen 100 Club Dinner. Everyone got to sit with their respective campaigns and the Warren section was LIT...literally we had light-up wristbands. Seeing Warren's supporters fill-up the arena was very inspiring. We also had a birds-eye view of Dr. JSM, Tom, and Jose mingling with the fancy people on the floor. Dr. JSM was kind enough to bring a napkin wrapped shrimp skewer to us and this moment was caught on CSPAN. This was another great opportunity to hear all the candidates speak. I finally got to see Buttigieg and Biden talk. Our row in the Warren section was holding up a sign that said CHOOSE COURAGE. I was the E in courage. Pictures of us were splattered all over Warren's social media and even though you couldn't see my face, I was pretty excited. After hearing Warren speak again I was so fired up and ready to get to work the next day. As the primary inches closer and closer, I get more ready to knock every door. 
Wow, that E in courage really looks amazing. 


I think you can see how tired we were here...but we PERSIST!

Rebecca throwing a heart down to the fancy people eating the fancy food. @tom @jose @dr.jsm

Mayor Pete BOOT-EDGE-EDGE as his supporters would say.







Comments