Day 5: Debate Vis

Day 5!! Only 4 days left until PRIMARY DAY!

Today, my roomie and I started our day at the NHDP HQ. Since Jocelyn and I hopped off the Bernie train, we were sort of floating around and since they needed extra hands at the NHDP office, we jumped aboard. We spent most of our morning putting together credentials for the McIntyre-Shaheen 100 Club Dinner tomorrow. I personally put together Queen Jeanne Shaheen's packet so I felt pretty special. 
Jocelyn Hall AKA Olivia Pope
After a few hours at the office, it was time for DEBATE VISIBILITY. Now let me begin by saying, this was really hyped up to us as the most fun thing we would do. Needless to say, I started off pretty excited. I layered up multiple shirts and pants and headed out.  All the campaigns have huge teams of people all decked out to rep their candidate outside the debates. 
Warm and happy Erica.

Team Warren bundled up and ready to go. 
We started with giant signs for Warren. Spirits were high. Then the freezing rain began. This is where the fun story goes a little south. Quickly, all my layers were sopping wet and I could not feel my hands. Then it began to snow...A LOT. After this, it was crazy windy and freezing. This was not my best moment. I knew it was bad when I lost feeling in my feet and googled "How fast does frostbite happen"...the results said 30 minutes. We began at 2:30pm and left at about 7:30pm, so needless to say I may have panicked. Only Rachel, Noah, Rebecca and I survived the whole time. I am sure I will be telling this story to all my canvassers in Florida who complain about the weather. I have never wanted to sweat so badly in my life. 
Rebecca and I met Warren's campaign manager Roger Lau!  
The Final Four. 



I resorted to blow drying my foot to make sure I didn't get frostbite. 
I have never slept so well in my life. 

Comments

Post a Comment