Day 4: Jumping Ship

 After a few days on the Bernie campaign, I decided the fit wasn't quite right for me. So, I hopped on over to the Elizabeth Warren campaign! Today was the first day for me on this campaign, so I was a little nervous. The day started at St. Anselm's New Hampshire Institute of Politics in Manchester. St. Anselm's is a key stopping point for all presidential candidates trying to win New Hampshire. It has hosted countless debates over the years and is a major media center for the country. We saw incredible political artifacts from so many campaigns and let me tell you... I was FANGIRLING. 
After our first stop, we headed to our campaigns. For my first day with the Warren team, I was welcomed with open arms. I got to head out canvassing and was partnered with Noah, which was so great. I didn't know him much before, but he is truly so passionate about Elizabeth Warren and taught me a lot about her and her platform. We had a great day and had some really insightful conversations with voters.  
Noah and me out knocking in the snow! 
\
We had to trek some pretty snowy driveways and yards to knock on those doors. 
After a great door-knocking shift, we headed to Derry, NH to see Elizabeth Warren in the flesh. I've always wanted to see her speak, and boy did she deliver. She was so honest and well-rounded in her talking points. I honestly felt so inspired by hearing her story and her message. She also took about 5 questions from the audience, which made it less of a rally and more of a town hall. New Hamshire really does get a front-row seat to politics. It is such an incredible experience to drive 30-45 minutes away and have every candidate speaking directly to you. While Warren usually does her selfie line, she was super packed so we got to meet her dog, Bailey. He was truly the goodest boy of them all...he also took a bite of our USF shirt, which made my entire day. I can't wait to finish this trip with my new Warren Team.
Team Warren UNITE! 

The Queen herself. 

Bailey getting a good belly rub. (I missed my doggo)

Bailey getting a big ole bite of our USF shirt. 


Comments